AIDT and the Alabama Department of Commerce are seeking applicants for Regional Workforce Council Liaison – Region 1, North AlabamaWorks!
Serving: Lauderdale, Limestone, Madison, Jackson, Colbert, Lawrence, Morgan, Marshall, DeKalb, Franklin, Marion, Winston, and Cullman counties
($60,945 – $87,533)
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: June 30, 2023
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 21, 2023
PROJECTED START DATE: September 1, 2023
All resumes (mailed or electronic) must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on July 21, 2023, to be considered.
The Regional Workforce Council Liaison is responsible for assisting the North AlabamaWorks, Regional Workforce Council 1, in all functions related to workforce development primarily in the region, and in other unassigned regions when required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as workforce development ambassador for assigned region and facilitates communication between local business and industry representatives, as well as the Regional Workforce Council (RWC).
- Maintains a direct line of communication with the Commerce Deputy Secretary for Workforce Development and the Director of the Regional Workforce Councils Division in workforce and economic development matters as they relate to the RWC, Alabama Career Centers, area chambers of commerce, economic development associations, elected officials, Alabama Community Colleges, K12, local business and industry, etc., to assess both current and projected regional workforce development training needs.
- Responsible for observing active workforce training programs funded with state and federal funds, to ensure satisfactory progress and reporting is being achieved, and in compliance with the appropriate authorization document.
- Makes recommendations and assists RWC Chair, community colleges, universities, K12 schools, and other training providers regarding current workforce development programs, policies and procedures, and assists in the implementation of programmatic changes and /or new initiatives.
- Conducts visits in person and/or by telephone to gather information and data to perform employer needs surveys and assessments.
- Provides technical assistance to RWC Chair, Executive Directors and fiscal/administrative Agents for the RWC as part of a continuous improvement model. Assistance may include, but not limited to, help them in achieving the defined Core Performance Indicators (CPIs), career fair and trade show strategies, sharing public/private best practices, etc.
- Assists RWC in the development and implementation of its Regional Strategic Plans.
- Schedules in advance and notifies the organization, Department of Commerce, of upcoming visits and criteria relevant to the visit.
- Creates a record of conversations and meetings that are relevant to the RWC and inform the Director of the Commerce Regional Workforce Council Division of positive and negative findings, concerns, support requested and/or required, and post them to the AIDT Portal, including assessments of risks, where applicable.
- Maintains a system for receiving requests for identified training needs, assistance, scheduled date for providing requested assistance, services provided, etc., and forwards to the Director of Commerce Regional Workforce Council Division.
- Meets with prospective out of state and local business, industry, and economic developers to evaluate skills and training needs.
- Arranges for visiting local businesses and conducting tours to establish a thorough understanding of their specific training needs.
- Coordinates the specific training needs of business and industry with workforce development entities – ACCS / ATN / Community College institutions, AIDT, etc.
- Represents the Commerce Deputy Secretary and Director of Regional Workforce Council Division in town hall meetings, regional council meetings, and other meetings where workforce development representation is requested or required.
- Assists business and industry as well as training providers in identifying external funding sources to support training needs and provides guidance throughout the application process.
- Communicates with appropriate training providers, career coaches, etc., regarding current and future workforce development plans and needs. Informs the respective RWC Chair and Executive Committee of the relevant plans and needs identified.
- Provides coordination for K12 – Career Technical Centers and ACCS institutions regarding program development, as required, and remains abreast of state and local K12 directives and ACCS, initiatives, etc., and reports program status/pending changes to Commerce Deputy Secretary and Director of Regional Workforce Council Division.
- Composes letters, memorandums, routine correspondence, and requests for their individual travel and travel reimbursement.
- Accepts special projects, and performs other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Communicates with staff, company representatives, government officials, and the general public as required.
- Contributes to and extracts from the information flow using automated tools.
- Plans daily/weekly work schedule with approval of supervisor.
- Accountable for AIDT and/or Commerce resources within assigned area(s) of responsibility.Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted office practices and processes.
- Skill in reading, writing, spelling, punctuating, and editing of work.
- Ability to understand and follow directions received from a diverse technical and management staff.
- Ability to learn internal AIDT/Commerce processes and job-specific systems.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment using computer systems, copiers, electronic mail, and telephone systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and with supervision.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple administrative functions concurrently.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications for Salary Schedule C3M are: Minimum three years experience in appropriate area of specialization and Baccalaureate Degree from a duly accredited institution required.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the C3M salary schedule, within a range of $60,945 – $87,533. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Criminal Background Check:
In accordance with AIDT policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.61 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.61 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Resumes received by mail or by email after 1:00 p.m. on July 21, 2023, will not be considered for review. Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants will be notified by email and must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Resumes will be accepted by email at: email@example.com
Resumes will also be accepted by mail to the name/address below:
REGIONAL WORKFORCE COUNCIL LIAISON-REGION 1
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR AD OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants or employees with a disability. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates in E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
View job posting on AIDT website: