COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR JOB POSTING
The mission of North AlabamaWorks is to provide a direct link to the workforce needs of business and industry at the local level. The Councils are business-driven and business-led and work with their member counties to develop a comprehensive workforce development system that supports local job development activities. North AlabamaWorks (Region 1) serves Colbert, Cullman, DeKalb, Franklin, Jackson, Lauderdale, Lawrence, Limestone, Madison, Marion, Marshall, Morgan, and Winston counties in North Alabama.
Our ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in communications, creative services, production, and marketing and a hunger to learn. If you are organized, creative, detail-oriented, and teachable, we want to meet you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Communications Manager to implement communications/marketing/outreach plans and initiatives
- Ability to receive creative direction, implement ideas, and adhere to brand standards
- Assist in creating content including graphics, photography, video – attention to detail and production abilities essential
- Help manage social media with focus on outreach and growing audiences, maintain social media calendar
- Assist in developing and producing long and short format video footage and campaigns for use in all media
- Assist with copywriting, editing, and proofing services with proven mastery of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Catalog/manage/maintain brand asset library
- Assist in providing branding guidance and templates for team use
- Simplify complex data into a user-friendly format and messaging such as graphs, charts, and other visual aids
- Create email campaigns and weekly newsletter
- Provide website management and continual updates
- Maintain the organization’s calendar, produce appropriate invitations/registrations/other communications
- Gather information and serve as team’s information point person for regional workforce news and happenings
- Help manage information flow and provide traffic management for team activities
- Help manage print contractors and outside advertising contracts
- Assist with tracking systems for marketing campaigns and online activities, provide monthly reports to analyze performance
- Maintain organization’s contact database
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- Degree in communications, media, graphic design, marketing, or related field
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, web content management, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Creative professional with superb written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Must be able to work Monday–Friday, 8:00am–5:00pm, however participation in occasional early morning, evening, or weekend meetings/events is also required. Setup and tear down for various events sometimes required.
- Occasional overnight and/or out-of-town travel is required.
- Compensation package commensurate with education and experience
- Submit resume, cover letter, writing samples, and link to digital portfolio to email@example.com
- Application Deadline: July 1, 2022 at 5:00 pm Central
North Alabama Works is an equal opportunity non-profit 501(c)3 employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.