Workforce Programs Coordinator for North AlabamaWorks – Region 1
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with publicizing and promoting the workforce training programs available in Region 1.
- Coordinates the planning and implementation of the Educator Workforce Academy including, but not limited to industry tours, speakers, meeting space, and event planning.
- Coordinates the planning and implementation of the Worlds of Work (WOW) events including, but not limited to Business and Industry outreach, fundraising for the event, stakeholder coordination meetings, and event planning.
- Coordinates the planning and implementation of programs and services related to Educational and Training Activities of the Council.
- Communicate regularly with training providers and other stakeholders to refer and coordinate requests appropriately.
- Maintain accurate records of meetings, documents, and filings.
- Works cooperatively and positively with all staff, council members, and partners to promote an environment of excellence and teamwork.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Education & Training Programs Manager and Executive Director.
- Self-starter with a high degree of professionalism.
- Organizational skills.
- Requires working in a fast-paced, varied environment.
- Strong work ethic, exceptional integrity, and ability to maintain absolute discretion and confidentiality.
- Strong organizational, analytical, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Essential Tools and Technologies
- Proficient in Microsoft Programs and Google Suite, email, and social media.
- Experience with Windows Movie Maker and/or iMovie a plus.
- WordPress web page development a plus.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution (education, business, administration, management, or a related field). Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years prior experience developing programs in education, business/industry, administration, or related fields. Experience in workforce development is a plus.
- Understanding of workforce and/or economic development; service in private/public sector management is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License, auto insurance, reliable transportation, and appropriate driving record.
- Willing to travel as needed throughout the region and the limited travel throughout the state; some overnight travel required.
North Alabama Works is an equal opportunity non-profit 501(c)3 employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.